Biral SWS-050 Visibility Sensor
The SWS-050 is optimised for use in applications where accurate and reliable visibility measurements are required. The forward scatter measurement principle and unique design ensure the output is both accurate and reliable in all weather conditions.
With a measurement range of 10m to 40km the sensor is suitable for use in road and aviation applications as well as meteorological observation networks. The measurement accuracy easily exceeds that specified by the International Civil Aviation Organisation for visibility sensors used in METAR and RVR applications.
• 10m to 40km measurement range
• Compact forward scatter design
• Hood heating for use in extreme environments
• Window heating and contamination monitoring
• Easy integration of Biral ALS-2 Ambient Light Sensor
• Comprehensive self-test capabilities
• Serial data output (RS232, RS422 or RS485)