Biral SWS-250 Visibility & Present Weather Station
The SWS-250 is optimised for use in aviation applications where both visibility and extended present and past weather information is required.
The sensor measures: visibility (MOR, EXCO and TEXCO), fog, haze, drizzle, snow, hail and other non-frozen precipitation according to WMO table 4680. METAR coded outputs are also provided.
For ultimate visibility performance the visual range extends to 75km allowing use in meteorological observation networks and research applications.
The enhanced present weather information from the SWS-250 is due to the backscatter receiver which allows detailed precipitation analysis and the use of algorithms developed for Biral’s flagship VPF-750 present weather sensor.
Easy integration of the Biral ALS-2 ambient light sensor makes the SWS-250 perfect for use in aviation applications where both RVR and METAR data are needed. Calibration in the field can be accomplished quickly and simply by a single operator using the optional calibration kit.
• 10m to 75km measurement range (other ranges available)
• Instantaneous and averaged visibility outputs
• Transmissometer equivalent EXCO output (TEXCO)
• 39 WMO 4680 present weather codes
• Compact forward scatter design
• Hood heating for use in extreme environments
• Window heating and contamination monitoring
• Serial data output (RS232, RS422 or RS485)
• Comprehensive self-test capabilities