Biral VPF-730 Visibility & Present Weather Sensor
The VPF-730 Visibility sensor provides accurate visibility and present weather measurement in a compact and robust package, making it well suited to both general and offshore aviation applications.
Every aspect of the sensor’s design is focussed on measurement accuracy, reliability and durability. The open design of the sensor head allows the free passage of air for greater measurement accuracy whilst the hard coat anodised dip brazed construction gives superb corrosion resistance, which is especially important in offshore applications.
The unique backscatter receiver gives the VPF-730 unparalleled abilities in distinguishing frozen from liquid precipitation, a key factor when determining the safety of aircraft operations. Present weather conditions are reported using WMO table 4680 codes to simplify system integration and compliance. An optional interface to the ALS-2 Ambient Light Sensor makes the VPF-730 suited for use in aviation applications where Runway Visual Range (RVR) information is required in addition to METAR data.
The VPF-730 can be AC mains or low voltage DC powered and hood heaters are available for use in areas prone to snow.
• 15 WMO Table 4680 present weather codes
• Reliable measurement in all weather conditions
• Highly corrosion resistant hard coat anodised finish
• Window contamination monitoring and compensation
• Unaffected by obstacle warning lights
• Easy integration of Biral ALS-2 Ambient Light Sensor
• Mains or DC powered
• 10m to 75Km measurement range