Biral VPF-750 Visibility & Present Weather Sensor
The VPF-750 Visibility and Present Weather sensor is the most advanced in Biral’s product range. Its enhanced performance allows the reporting of freezing precipitation in addition to the weather codes typically available from a forward scatter sensor.
The sensor is designed for use in aviation applications where extended weather information, including past weather, is required for inclusion in METAR reports. The sensor is also well suited to research applications and use in meteorological observation networks. The unique backscatter receiver combined with accurate external temperature, humidity and precipitation sensors gives the VPF-750 unparalleled abilities in distinguishing frozen from liquid precipitation, with the added advantage of identifying freezing precipitation. The sensor reports both WMO table 4680 and METAR codes to simplify integration in to host systems. A wealth of other data is provided including a transmissometer equivalent EXCO.
An optional interface to the ALS-2 Ambient Light Sensor simplifies use in aviation applications where both Runway Visual Range (RVR) and METAR information is required.
• 47 WMO Table 4680 present weather codes
• Reports freezing precipitation
• Designed for aviation, research and general met use
• Reliable measurement in all weather conditions
• Highly corrosion resistant hard coat anodised finish
• Window contamination monitoring and compensation
• Unaffected by obstacle warning lights
• Easy integration of Biral ALS-2 Ambient Light Sensor
• DC powered
• 10m to 75Km measurement range