CS 05103-L Wind Monitor
The 05103 Wind Monitor is a light-weight, sturdy instrument for measuring wind speed and direction in harsh environments. Its simplicity and corrosion-resistant construction make it ideal for a wide range of wind measuring applications. Manufactured by R. M. Young, this wind monitor is cabled for use with Campbell Scientific dataloggers.
The "-L" on a product model indicates that the cable length is specified at the time of order.
Benefits and Features:
• Compatible with most Campbell Scientific dataloggers
• Rugged enough for harsh environments
• Compatible with the CWS900-series interfaces, allowing it to be used in a wireless sensor network
• Constructed with thermoplastic material that resists corrosion from sea-air environments and atmospheric pollutants
• Uses stainless-steel, precision-grade ball bearings for the propeller shaft and vertical shaft bearings
• Ideal for wind profile studies
• Compatible with the LLAC4 4-channel Low Level AC Conversion Module, which increases the number of anemometers one datalogger can measure
• The R. M. Young wind monitor family:
- 05103, standard version
- 05103-45, rugged, alpine version
- 05305, more responsive but less rugged version
- 05106, marine-grade version