Eijkelkamp 04.16 Soil Coring Kit For Chemical Soil
• Eijkelkamp 04.16 Soil Coring Kit For Chemical Soil Research for the determination of the presence of very volatile components such as benzene, toluene, xylene and chlorinated hydrocarbons should be executed with samplers that prevent the sample from being exposed to air.
• Sampling must be done without disturbance of the soil aggregates to prevent mixing with air.
• With the special coring kit, volatilization and oxidation of components in soil samples can be prevented as much as possible. The sample under no condition comes in touch with synthetic material. The method meets the NEN 5743 norm (soil or sediment sampling with volatile components).
• The sample has a volume of 226 ml. Therefore, suitable for the determination of volume percentages of humidity in samples from undisturbed soil.
• The samples are taken with a small coring apparatus fitted with thin-walled stainless steel sample tubes. The sampling tubes preferably are pushed into the soil; possibly a steel hammer with nylon heads can be used.
• After taking the sample, the sample tubes can be locked and cooled for transport to the laboratory. Here sub-samples can be taken from the sample tube, applying a small gauge or apple-corer. The samples can also be removed using an extruder. After decontamination the equipment can be used again.
• The set contains an Edelman auger to pre-bore or clean the bore hole, in various types of soil, a stainless steel soil coring apparatus with a number of sample tubes, filling blocks and insulation plates. Further bottom caps, a sample extruder and maintenance material.
• Complete set is packaged in an aluminum transport case.
• To take samples to a depth of more than 5 m.