Eijkelkamp 04.29 Free-Fall Corer
• Eijkelkamp 04.29 Free-Fall Corer for sampling fairly undisturbed sampling from the top layer of submerged sediments either or not consolidated.
• Consists of a frame with strengthening ribs, falling weight and sampler.
• Using a hoisting unit (davit) on board of a boat the sampler is lowered in free fall. By its own weight and velocity the apparatus penetrates the submerged soil.
• The depth of penetration is partly determined by the composition of the submerged soil. In soils rich of mud, penetration will reach to about 80 cm, in more sandy soils this will be about 30 cm.
• After lifting the sampler an immediate rough description of the stratification of the submerged soil is possible due to the transparent tube and also the depth of penetration can be measured.
• Further description regarding the composition, colour, smell and particulars if any, is possible.