Eijkelkamp 05.02 Bi-Partite Root Auger
• Almost undisturbed, uniform soil samples can be taken in layers of maximal 15 cm.
• Eijkelkamp 05.02 Bi-Partite Root Auger consists of a bottom part fitted with an exchangeable drilling-crown and a short unscrewable top part (handle) with a beating head.
• In lighter soil the auger can be pushed and turned into the soil. In heavier soils an impact absorbing hammer can be used.
• In the standard set an Edelman- and a Riverside auger have been included for reaming out the bore hole and levelling the bottom (making it even). A conical threaded connection is used.
• The root auger is fitted with a sample extruder unit which forces the soil sample from the cylinder of the auger. The extruder unit is operated by means of a crank handle.
• The complete root auger set is packaged in an aluminium transport case.