Eijkelkamp 08.03 Membrane Apparatus pF Determine
• Eijkelkamp 08.03 Membrane Apparatus For pF Determination for pF determination of samples in the range pF 3.0 - 4.2 (1.0 - 15.5 bar), samples cut in sample rings are not used.
• In this setup the semi-disturbed sample is saturated before measurement in the laboratory and placed in a synthetic ring.
Details• The complete set consists of a pressure membrane extractor suitable for a maximum of 15 samples, a 20 bar compressor including reducing valve and manometer, an air filter, cellophane membrane, filter cloth, synthetic soil sample retaining rings and various accessories.
• A balance, a drying oven and aluminum soil sample boxes with lids should at least be fitted for the determination of pF.
• After saturation of the sample, part of this sample is placed in a synthetic retaining ring and prepared further.
• After closing of the pressure membrane extractor an overpressure is realized in the pressure membrane extractor using the compressor.
• On reaching the equilibrium the samples are removed, weighed, dried and weighed again.
• In order to be able to measure a larger series of samples a second pressure membrane extractor can be connected to the first extractor.