Eijkelkamp 08.13 Wet Sieving Apparatus
• The testing procedure results in an index for aggregate stability.
• Eijkelkamp 08.53 Calcimeter the standard set includes a shaking machine for wet sieving method (incl. 100-240 VAc adapter), suitable for 8 sieves, stainless steel Ø 64x45 mm, sieve cans Ø 39x39 mm with sieve opening 0.250 mm and sieve surface of 10.2 cm2.
• Optional are sieves with various openings 2,0 - 0.045 mm.
• Determined on the principle that unstable aggregates will break down more easily than stable aggregates when immersed into water.
Details• 8 sieves are filled with a certain amount of soil aggregates to determine the stability.
• These sieves are placed in a can filled with water, which will move up and downward for a fixed time.
• Unstable aggregates will fall apart and pass through the sieve and are collected in the water-filled can underneath the sieve.