Eijkelkamp 08.53 Calcimeter
• Eijkelkamp 08.53 Calcimeter for the simultaneous determination of the carbonate content in 5 samples.
• Delivered complete with reaction vessels and test tubes (without reagents).
• Per reaction approximately one hour is required.
• Quantity of sample needed is determined beforehand by treating a part of the sample with hydrochloric acid on a watch glass.
• The carbonate content is estimated on the basis of the extend and the period of bubbling. Based on this estimate the quantity of sample for the analysis is determined.
• No balloon is used to keep the CO2 separate from the water (to prevent any gas from dissolving in the water). This results in much more accurate measuring results.
• A series of measurements should be executed in a room where there are no differences in temperature exceeding 4°C.
• Reagents used must meet the standards for analysis.
• Other gasses (for instance in polluted soils) may be released. The gas will then have to be purified first and the CO2 will have to be determined otherwise.