Eijkelkamp 09.01.SA Hydraulic Conductivity Test Ki
In case of direct measurement in the field the auger hole method according to Hooghoudt can be applied.
• The determination of the permeability to water of a soil takes little time (by comparison to other methods), requires a limited number of instruments.
• A hole is bored in the ground to a certain depth below the groundwater level and after a time the water in the hole will rise to the said water level. The water is consequently bailed out and the time it takes for a new water level to establish itself is recorded. With the help of formulae and/or nomogrammes this rate of water rise can be translated to the average water permeability factor of the different strata of soil.
• The depth of the bore hole is dependent upon the groundwater level and the thickness and the permeability of the successive layers in the ground profile.
• Eijkelkamp 09.01.SA Hydraulic Conductivity Test Kit, Model Hooghoudt is standard set (SA) suitable for measurements to a depth of 2 meter.
• SA contains an Edelman- and a Riverside auger with an upper part and an extension rod, a bailer, measuring tape with holder and float, a filter and a stopwatch.
• The complete set can be transported in the field in a strong carrying bag.
• The extendable set (SB) is suitable for measurements to a depth of 5 meter.
• This set includes the same items as the standard set, however the 1 meter long filter has been replaced by an extendable filter with a total length up to 5 meter (also including extension rods for the auger).