Eijkelkamp 09.06 Rainfall Simulator
• Eijkelkamp 09.06 Rainfall Simulator allows erosion to take place on a small section of the plot. With the apparatus rainfall is simulated on a slanting surface.
• Through small capillaries in the plate under the water filled cylinder, the drops fall down on the slanting surface.
• Once fallen to the surface of the soil, the droplet loosens soil particles. These particles jump up and fall down again, slightly lower, on the slope. At the bottom of the slope, water and soil particles are collected in a reservoir.
• Through research in the laboratory of the soil particles collected, an indication can be derived concerning the composition and the sensitivity to erosion of the soil under research.
• By comparing the measuring results to other measuring results, the researcher may set up a scale for sensitivity to erosion of the researched soil.
• It is important to keep the factors influencing the process (for instance the temperature of the water) as constant as possible.
• Recommended to gather information concerning the history of the use of the soil.