Eijkelkamp 19.33 W.E.T. Sensor
• Eijkelkamp 19.33 W.E.T. Sensor to measure pore water conductivity and temperature in the top layer of a soil.
• The measurement values are shown on the display of the hand held meter and can be stored in the memory (including time and sensor location). These data can be read on a PC.
• The WET sensor measures three vital soil properties directly within the soil: Water content, Electrical conductivity and Temperature.
Details• The sensor is unique in its ability to measure pore water conductivity, which is the EC of the water that is available to the plant.
• Traditionally this measurement has been made by the time-consuming and error-prone method of extracting pore water from the soil by suction, before measuring it with a standard conductivity meter.
• In contrast, the WET sensor is simply pushed into the soil (or other growing medium) and then read directly using the hand held meter.
• The standard set includes the WET sensor, a hand held meter, the software and a carrying case.