Eijkelkamp Bed-Load Transport Meter Arnhem Type
• Eijkelkamp 04.32 Bed-Load Transport Meter Arnhem Type used to measure bed-load of coarse sand and fine gravel in rivers and other water- courses.
• The streamlined sampler is mounted in a frame and consists of a mouth followed by a basket of fine wire meshing (width of the mesh 300 mu).
• The sharp decrease of the velocity in the wide sampling chambers causes the sediment material to settle there.
• A tail fin mounted on the frame keeps the sampler in up-stream direction.
• The results of the measurements are influenced by the shape of the bed (ridges, dunes, flat beds, etc.).
• For a successful measurement knowledge of the relief of the bed is essential. The sampler can be discharged on board using the sample trough.
• The set comprises: the sampler, the bed-load transport meter frame with stabilising tail fin and lever and the sample trough.