Eijkelkamp Suspended Load Sampler Delft Bottletype
• Eijkelkamp 04.31 Suspended Load Sampler, Delft Bottle Type used to measure suspended sediment transport in rivers and other water courses, from the surface down to 0.1 m above the river bottom.
• The sediment containing water flows through a bottle shaped sampler.
• The shape of this sampling body induces a low pressure at the rear face in such a way, that the water enters the nozzle of the sampler with almost the same velocity as the undisturbed flow.
• The sharp decrease of the velocity in the wide sampling chambers causes the sediment material to settle there.
• The sampler can be used in two ways.
• First: Suspended on a cable for all depths from the surface to 0.5 m above the bottom. A tail fin keeps the nozzle in up-stream direction.
• Second: Standing in a frame on the bottom for distances of 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 cm from the bottom. The set comprises a sampler, the frame, a number of nozzles and measuring glasses. Because of the flow-through principle a large volume of water is sampled.