FieldScout GreenIndex+ Nitrogen App & Board
Now there is a better, more affordable way to manage the nitrogen needs of crop. The patented FieldScout GreenIndex+ app utilizes the power of a smartphone or other smart device to capture differences in relative greenness between corn leaves, allowing users to make valuable decisions regarding fertilization in the V6 growth stage and beyond. As the chlorophyll pigment is what gives a plant its green color, measurements of the greenness of plant leaves can be used to help determine the overall health of the plant. The app captures images and instantly computes the Dark Green Color Index (DGCI) of plant leaves. As DGCI has been correlated to SPAD readings in corn at the V6 growth stage, the measurements are converted to relative SPAD values for ease of use by growers familiar with SPAD tools. Nitrogen uptake increases dramatically at the beginning of the V6 development stage. Corrective measures, based on early diagnosis of severe nitrogen deficiencies, can prevent yield reduction.
Details• Captures and processes images from an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad and instantly computes the DGCI (Dark Green Color Index) of user leaves.
• Sensitive to low nitrogen levels in the leaves.
• DGCI has been correlated to SPAD readings in corn at the V6 growth stage.
• This computed SPAD index is displayed by GreenIndex+.
• Nitrogen uptake increases dramatically at the beginning of the V6 development stage.
• Corrective measures, based on early diagnosis of severe nitrogen deficiencies, can prevent yield reduction.
• Digital images taken in the field typically exhibit variation due to ambient lighting, shadows and texture.
• Green and yellow reference standards on a pink background provide contrast and aid the imaging processing software.
• Spectrum FieldScout GreenIndex+ Nitrogen App and Board allows for images to be captured under a broad range of lighting conditions.
• Offers digital image analysis of leaves, providing growers with an accurate, low-cost method for managing in-season fertility and helps you deliver improved yield, lower nitrogen costs, and increased profits.
• All data is logged and geo-referenced, and can be emailed to user PC for further analysis.
• Patent pending.
• iOS Device not included.
• Android version coming soon.