Details• Regent WinCELL is an image analysis system specifically designed for wood cells analysis. It can quantify the changes in wood structure over annual rings.
• WinCELL can analyse grey levels or color images (our cameras produce both kinds). The Pro version can do more analyses on color images. It can display and analyse one of its three color channels, use the color content to better classify the pixels into lumen and wall or quantify area in function of color.
• Calibrations are easy to perform on targets sold by microscope manufacturers. Different target models are supported.
• Debris (defects or non cells objects) can be automatically filtered out by morphological features (area, length, width, form, length to width ratio), color (Pro version) or by editing the images.
• Original images acquired from WinCELL, analysed or not can be saved in standard tiff or bmp files for opening in other application programs. Images saved with their analysis (in the same file) are automatically reanalysed when reopened inWinCELL (useful to validate or modify a previously done analysis).
• Batch processing is provided to analyse a series of images without operator supervision. This analysis mode works only for analyses that can be done automatically (non-interactively).
• It is possible to store the analysis settings in configuration files for retrieving and reusing at a later time.
• WinCELL can also be used as a general area meter (to measure leaf area for example) or a morphology analyser for other objects by modifying its default settings.
• Like all Regent's products, WinCELL is a stand-alone program with all the built-in necessary functionality. It does not require an additional complex image analysis program or user programming skills as in some other cell analysis programs