RF450 900-MHz, 1-W Spread-Spectrum Radio
• Optimally used in a point-to-multipoint network.
• RF450 900-MHz, 1-W Spread-Spectrum Radio designated as a master, where it is able to simultaneously communicate with numerous slaves.
• In its simplest form, a multipoint network functions with the master broadcasting its messages to all slaves.
• The slaves respond to the master only when given data by the datalogger.
• Point-to-multipoint applications take advantage of the low power mode available in the RF450.
• This reduces the required power at remote sites from about 75 mA to less than 10 mA in most applications.