Details• A system – based on British Building Research technique – for measuring either settlement or heave at various depths in soil, embankments, earthfill dams and dikes.
• Sisgeo BRS Magnet Extensometers consists of access tube with external corrugate pipe, magnet rings, telescopic bottom section with datum ring and suspension head.
• Magnet rings (targets) are fixed, externally to the access tube, in the ground where movement may occur.
• Magnet rings move together with surrounding soil along the axis of the access tube.
• Readings are obtained with a portable readout, lowering the reed switch probe through the access tube.
• Comparison of surveys taken over time provide profiles of ground settlement or heave.