Soil Moisture Monitoring
• To accurately measure and record the soil moisture in most locations.
• The system employs low cost gypsum blocks to measure the electrical resistance of the soil.
• The resistance value is converted into a soil suction measurement (in units of bars).
• The gypsum block or blocks are connected to a data logger in a waterproof enclosure that is mounted on a pole or a frame with a tripod base, depending on the permanence of the installation.
• The data logger will measure, store and display soil measurement data for about one year using the logger’s internal battery.
• Can be done over landline, cellular, and radio communication links, whichever alterative is available and most cost effective at the installation site.