Soil Moisture Volumetric Pressure Plate Extractor
• Soil Moisture Volumetric Pressure Plate Extractor designed so that the outflow section of the instrument is stable dimensionally.
• When the extractor is used in conjunction with the Hysteresis Attachments, the volume of water removed from the sample at each increasing pressure step can be accurately measured and retained.
• When pressure values are subsequently reduced, the volume of water that returns to the soil can then also be accurately measured.
• By this means, one can investigate the hysteresis properties of the soil.
• In conjunction with the Hysteresis Attachments also makes it possible to measure the capillary conductivity of soils.
• Can be used for any routine moisture extraction work on disturbed samples or undisturbed soil cores.