Spectrum FieldScout TDR 300 Soil Moisture Meter
• Spectrum FieldScout TDR 300 Soil Moisture Meter has two volumetric water content modes; one for standard soils and one for higher clay soils.
• In volumetric water content (VWC) mode, the meter converts a measured electrical signal into percent soil moisture content using an equation valid over a wide range of mineral soils.
• In irrigation mode, the meter displays a relative water content (RWC) on a scale of 0 to 100 corresponding to a user-defined upper and lower soil moisture reference level.
• Water deficit, the amount of water needed to bring the soil moisture content up to the upper reference level, is also calculated and displayed.
• The reference levels are easily programmed into the meter with the accompanying software.
Details• Can create up to 2 management sites based on soil types and crop needs.
• Use the raw reading mode (measurement period in microseconds) to do soil-specific calibrations.
• Instantaneous readings of root zone soil moisture.
• Connects to any GPS receiver with serial output.
• Equipped with internal data logger and RS-232 port.
• Records 3,250 measurements (1,350 with added GPS/DGPS option).
• Configure and download meter with FieldScout software (included).
• Compatible with SpecMaps online web-mapping application.
• Includes soft-sided carrying case.
• Rods sold separately
• New calibration feature added in 2012.
• Garmin GPS 72H Handheld GPS Navigator recommended.
• Spectrum’s PC cables connect to a 9-pin serial port. USB-Serial adapterrequired for connection to computers with only USB ports.
• GPS interface requires two cables. The GPS/DGPS cable is available from Spectrum.