DetailsWhen Systems are considered, there are some key issues to consider:
- Instrument selection, deciding on the most appropriate measurement method.
- Site power selection, deciding if a sealed lead acid battery with solar panel support is best, or an alternative power source, for example a bank of high capacity lithium batteries may be best. Unidata has battery calculator tools available to decide on the best battery option for such systems.
- Instrument enclosure selection, deciding on the most appropriate housing, weatherproof polycarbonate or steel enclosure, with or without sun shade protection.
- Telemetry selection, either dial up, or IP communications via cell phone or satellite communications.
- Logging and reporting interval selection, deciding on the balance between the cost of the telemetry. communications ( important for satellite links) and the need for 5 minute, 15 minute, hourly or daily reporting.
- Power usage considerations, deciding on the balance between battery consumption and the logging and reporting interval.