Soil sampling for the determination of the presence of very volatile components such as benzene, toluene, xylene and chlorinated hydrocarbons should be executed with samplers that prevent the sample from being exposed to air. Preferably the sampling must be done without disturbance of the soil aggregates to prevent mixing with air.
These conditions must be maintained during transport to the laboratory.
With the special coring kit, volatilization and oxidation of components in soil samples can be prevented as much as possible. The sample under no condition comes in touch with synthetic material. The method meets the NEN 5743 norm (soil or sediment sampling with volatile components).
Benefits soil coring kit for chemical soil research
- Prevents loss of volatiles during sampling
- Prevents loss of volatiles during transport
- According to USA EPA 5035A
- No hassle in the field with methanol
- Can be combined with methanol method
- Can be hammered in hard soils
- All parts except caps can be decontaminated over and over
- Not for stony soil
|Maximum sample depth||5 m|
|Product material||stainless steel, iron, other material|
|Sample diameter||38 mm|
|Sample length||20 cm|
|Sample stored in||tube|
|Package size||7 x 30 x 24 cm|
|Applications||Soil sampling above the groundwater table, Soil sampling below the groundwater table|