The Guelph Permeameter is easy to use the instrument to quickly and accurately measure in-situ hydraulic conductivity.
The 2800K1 Guelph Permeameter kit is a complete installation kit. It consists of the permeameter, field tripod, well auger, well preparation and cleanup tools, collapsible water container, and vacuum test hand pump. All packaged in a durable carrying case.
The 2800 Guelph Permeameter is a constant-head permeameter, which operates based on the Mariotte bubble tower principle and provides a quick and simple method for determining field saturated hydraulic conductivity, matric flux potential, the alpha-star (a *) parameter and soil sorptivity in the field.
- The Guelph Permeameter Kit supports the ASTM D5126 standard: Use the free calculator spreadsheet below!
- Accurate evaluation of soil hydraulic conductivity, soil sorptivity, and matrix flux potential can be made in all types of soils.
- The equipment can be transported, assembled, and operated easily by one person.
- Measurements can be made in 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on soil type, and requires only about 2.5 litres of water.
- Measurements can be made in the range of 15 to 75 cm below the soil surface.
- Accessory attachments are available for extending the measurement capability of the permeameter.
- Depth attachments increase the depth of operation by 80 cm.
- The maximum practical operating depth is 315 cm.
- Ring attachments allow ring infiltrometer measurements from 10-cm and 20-cm diameter rings.
- A tension adapter allows measurements to be made under tensional and very low head conditions.
Ring and tension infiltrometers are also available as stand-alone units, rather than attachments to a Guelph Permeameter unit.
- Soil Permeability
- Environmental Monitoring
- Soil Physics
Weight: 40 lbs.
Dimensions: 54X17X7 inches