The 109SS thermistor can survive temperatures up to 100°C, but the overmolded joint and cable should not be exposed to temperatures hotter than +70°C.
The sensor can be submerged to 46 m (150 ft) or 63 psi. Please note that the 109SS is not weighted. Therefore, the installer should either add a weighting system or secure the sensor to a fixed, submerged object, such as a piling.
The 109SS is suitable for shallow burial only. Placement of the sensor’s cable inside a rugged conduit may be advisable for long cable runs—especially in locations subject to digging, mowing, traffic, use of power tools, or lightning strikes.
Benefits and Features
- Designed for harsh, corrosive environments
- Fast response time
- Wide temperature measurement range
- Easy to install or remove
- Compatible with most of our current and retired data loggers
The 109SS is a rugged, accurate probe that measures soil or water temperature from -40° to +70°C. The 109SS consists of a thermistor encased in a sheath made from grade 316L stainless steel. The rugged stainless-steel sheath protects the thermistor, allowing you to bury or submerge the 109SS in harsh, corrosive environments. This probe also has a fast time response, and it can be easily interfaced with our data loggers.
- 109SS Stainless Steel Temperature Probe is measures temperature in harsh, corrosive environments
- Thermistor sheathed in a stainless-steel casing
- Maintains a fast response time
- Measures temperatures from -40° to 70°C
- Thermistor can operate in temperatures up to 100°C, however, the overmolded joint and cable should not be exposed to temperatures greater than 70°C.
|Operating Temperature Range||-40° to +70°C|
|Maximum Submergence||45.7 m (150 ft) or 434 kPa (63 psi)|
|Temperature Measurement Range||-40° to +70°C|
|Thermistor Temperature Survival Range||-50° to +100°C|
|Overmolded Joint and Cable Temperature Survival Range||-50° to +70°C|
|Steinhart-Hart Equation Error||≤ 0.02°C (-40°)|
|Time Constant in Air||
|Sensor Description||Micro-BetaCHIP Probe 10K3MCD1, 0.5 mm (0.018 in.) diameter, 10 kohm at 25°C|
|Cable Description||0.56 cm (0.22 in.) diameter with Santoprene jacket|
|Cable/Probe Connection||“ATUM” heat shrink, “Macromelt” overmolded joint|
|Stainless-Steel Sheath Diameter||0.16 cm (0.063 in.)|
|Stainless-Steel Sheath Length||5.84 cm (2.3 in.)|
|Overmolded Joint Diameter||1.02 cm (0.40 in.)|
|Overmolded Joint Length||4.24 cm (1.67 in.)|
|Weight||0.1 kg with 3.2 m cable (0.2 lb with 10.5 ft cable)|