- An anemometer for run of wind measurements, or operation with an electronic counter to determine average wind speed.
- A magnet turns with the rotor spindle and the resulting varying field causes a mercury wetted reed switch to make and break contact once per revolution of the rotor.
- The contacts are bounce free, simplifying connection to electronic circuits, and no power is required apart from that necessary to detect contact closure,
- Suitable for permanent exposure to the weather.
- In the marine version (A100/WR) a touching shaftseal is fitted for extra protection in place of the standard non-contact seal, with a small increase in threshold speed.
- An anti-icing heater can be fitted if required facilitating use at remote sites
|Performance: Threshold||0.25m/s (0.6 m/s A100R3), Max speed over 75m/s|
|Performance: Accuracy||1% +0.1m/s, distance constant 5m|
|Calibration||0.80 revolutions per meter (1 pulse per 1¼ meters)|
|Temperature range||-30 to +55ºC|
|Weight||Total 350g including standard 3m cable|
|Electrical: Switching voltage||100 volts DC maximum|
|Electrical: Switching current||0.5 Amps maximum|
|Electrical: Switch rating||28 Watts maximum (DC resistive)|
|Electrical: Duty cycle||50% + 5% up to 50m/s +-10% Up to 75m/s|