BRS Magnet Extensometers
- A system – based on British Building Research technique – for measuring either settlement or heave at various depths in soil, embankments, earthfill dams and dikes.
- Sisgeo BRS Magnet Extensometers consists of access tube with external corrugate pipe, magnet rings, telescopic bottom section with datum ring and suspension head.
- Magnet rings (targets) are fixed, externally to the access tube, in the ground where movement may occur.
- Magnet rings move together with surrounding soil along the axis of the access tube.
- Readings are obtained with a portable readout, lowering the reed switch probe through the access tube.
- Comparison of surveys taken over time provide profiles of ground settlement or heave.
|APPLICATIONS||Earthfill dams, Embankments, Retaining structures, such as sheet piles and slurry walls, Tunnels and shafts, Excavations, Foundations|
|FEATURES||Simple and cheap system to measure vertical displacements, Available special targets for inclino-settlement column, Access tube and corrugate pipe can be extended during embankment construction, Magnetic detector probe is available with various tape lengths|