- The testing procedure results in an index for aggregate stability.
- Eijkelkamp 08.53 Calcimeter the standard set includes a shaking machine for wet sieving method (incl. 100-240 VAc adapter), suitable for 8 sieves, stainless steel Ø 64x45 mm, sieve cans Ø 39x39 mm with sieve opening 0.250 mm and sieve surface of 10.2 cm2.
- Optional are sieves with various openings 2,0 - 0.045 mm.
- Determined on the principle that unstable aggregates will break down more easily than stable aggregates when immersed into water.
- 8 sieves are filled with a certain amount of soil aggregates to determine the stability.
- These sieves are placed in a can filled with water, which will move up and downward for a fixed time.
- Unstable aggregates will fall apart and pass through the sieve and are collected in the water-filled can underneath the sieve.
|Maximum number of samples||8|
|Measured parameters||Aggregate stability|
|Measuring range||0 - 100%|
|Power supply||line voltage|
|Reading accuracy||Depending on weighing equipment|
|Voltage||110 - 240 volt|
|Applications||Soil physical laboratory research, Erosion research, Soil stability research|