The 110PV consists of a thermistor encased in an aluminium disk. The disk protects the thermistor and promotes heat transfer from surfaces. An adhesive tab on the probe’s aluminium disk fastens the 110PV to the measurement surface. If the temperature may exceed 70°C, Kapton tape is also required to secure the probe; Kapton tape is offered as a Common Accessory (see Ordering Info). Note: Campbell Scientific does not recommend using epoxy to secure the 110PV to a PV module.
The 110PV can provide the photovoltaic (PV) module temperature for solar energy applications. This measurement is useful because the output of a PV module is affected by its temperature. As the temperature of the PV module increases, its output decreases.
Benefits and Features
- Measures temperature across a wide range: -40° to +135°C
- Easy to install—adhesive strips on the 110PV’s smooth face adhere to the back of a solar panel or another device
- Aluminium disk protects thermistor and promotes heat transfer from surfaces
- Makes accurate measurements in environments with heavy electromagnetic interference
- Compatible with the CWS900-series interfaces, allowing it to be used in a wireless sensor network
The 110PV is a thermistor that measures the temperature of a surface by direct contact. It typically monitors the temperature of a photovoltaic module, but can also monitor the temperature of other devices. This thermistor easily interfaces with our dataloggers, and is ideal for solar energy applications.
- CS 110PV-L Surface Mount Thermistor measures the back of photovoltaic (PV) module temperature, but it also can measure other surface temperatures.
- An important measurement in solar energy applications since the output of a PV module is aff ected by its temperature.
- As the temperature of the PV module increases, its output decreases.
- The probe incorporates a thermistor for measuring temperature from –40° to +135°C.
- The thermistor is encased in an aluminum disk that protects the thermistor and promotes heat transfer from surfaces.
|Sensor||Thermistor with specially designed protective aluminum disk|
|Measurement Description||Back-of-module temperature|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40° to +135°C|
|Temperature Survival Range||-50° to +140°C|
|Steinhart-Hart Linearization Equation Error||0.0024°C (at -40°C) maximum|
|Disk Material||Anodized aluminum|
|Cable Jacket Material||Santoprene|
|Cable/Probe Connection Material||Santoprene|
|Maximum Lead Length||304.8 m (1000 ft)|
|Disk Diameter||2.54 cm (1.0 in.)|
|Probe Length||6.35 cm (2.5 in.)|
|Overmolded Joint Dimensions||5.72 x 1.12 x 1.47 cm (2.25 x 0.44 x 0.58 in.)|
|Weight||90.7 g with 3.2-m cable (0.2 lb with 10.5-ft cable)|