- Eijkelkamp 08.30 Hydrometer Kit to obtain an accurate determination of the particle size distribution of the smallest fractions.
- In this method, the sample is cleaned from organic matter after which it is dried and weighed. Next, it is suspended in water and sieved. The solution that passes through the sieve is transferred to a measuring cylinder with water.
- Hydrometer readings are taken after regular intervals.
- Sedimentation time and hydrometer readings are used to determine the grain sizes according to the Stoke’s Law.
- Contains a number of hydrometers, sedimentation cylinders, a thermometer, a glass container, a heating element with thermostat and stirrer, a soil stirrer and various accessories.
|Maximum number of samples||6|
|Measuring range||0.995 - 1.035 g/ml and -5 - 60 g/l|
|Power supply||line voltage|
|Reading accuracy||1 g/l|
|Package size||120 x 80 x 64 cm|
|Applications||Geotechnical soil research, Soil physical laboratory research, Erosion research|