The piston sampler differs completely in design and application from the augers described before and is very suitable for sampling less cohesive soil layers (sand) below the groundwater table. The piston sampler is also suitable for sampling sediments with sand content.
Essential differences between the other augers and the piston sampler are:
- The piston sampler can only be applied below the water table and in moderately cohesive soils like sand, weak soil layers, etc.
- The piston sampler can take almost undisturbed samples.
- 75, 150 and 200 cm, while the other Edelman hand augers have a maximum sample length of about 15 cm.
This auger is available in several lengths 75 (150 resp 200) cm.
- Eijkelkamp Piston Sampler is suitable for sampling less cohesive soil layers (sand) below the groundwater table.
- Also suitable for sampling sediments with sand content.
- Take almost undisturbed samples.
Available in lengths of 75, 150 and 200 cm.
Benefits Piston sampler
- Perfect profile description in one minute
- No hassle with casings and coring tubes
- View up till 2 m of saturated sandy soil
- Also for water bottoms
- Rinse after use to avoid wear of piston