The ASPTC-L consists of a type-E fine-wire thermocouple mounted in a fan-aspirated radiation shield to provide highly accurate air temperature measurements. You can use one ASPTC to measure absolute air temperature, or you can use two ASPTCs to make delta temperature measurements. Often, the ASPTC replaces, or is measured in addition to, the TCBR thermocouples in a Bowen ratio system.
- ASPTC-L Aspirated Thermocouple with Mounts uses fine wire thermocouple for highly accurate air temperature measurements
- Includes aspirated radiation shield
- Solar loading on thermocouple reduced by drawing air across the measurement junction with a high-powered fan
- Intake velocity is 5.5 m/sec
- Fan requires 12 Vdc power supply
- Fan average active current drain is 142 mA