The NR01 consists of a pyranometer and pyrgeometer pair that faces upward and a complementary pair that faces downward. The pyranometers and pyrgeometers measure short-wave and far-infrared radiation, respectively.
The NR01 includes an on-board RTD to measure the radiometer’s internal temperature and a 1-W heater that minimizes the formation of dew and melts frost. To reduce current drain, a relay is typically used to turn on the heater only when the solar radiation is less than 20 W/m2.
Campbell Scientific’s CR6 and CR3000 dataloggers can directly measure this radiometer. A CR1000 can also be used, but a 4WPB100 module is required to measure the internal RTD.
Benefits and Features
- Internal RTD provides temperature compensation of measurements
- Research-grade performance
- Internal 1-W heater reduces the formation of dew and melts frost
- Separate outputs of short-wave and long-wave infrared radiation for better accuracy and more thorough quality assurance
- Robust—only requiring limited maintenance
The NR01, manufactured by Hukseflux and cabled for use with Campbell Scientific data loggers, is a research-grade net radiometer that measures the energy balance between incoming short-wave and long-wave infrared radiation versus surface-reflected short-wave and outgoing long-wave infrared radiation. Our data loggers measure the NR01's output and control its internal heater. This net radiometer offers a professional solution for scientific-grade energy balance studies.
- Measures net radiation
- NR01-L 4-Component Net Radiometer ideal for research-grade solar radiation measurements
- Consists of two pyranometers to measure short-wave radiation and two pyrgeometers to measure infrared radiation
- Includes RTD to measure internal temperature
|Sensor||Hukseflux’s SR01 ISO-class, thermopile pyranometers, IR01 pyrgeometers, PT100 RTD|
|Measurement Description||Measures incoming and outgoing short-wave and long-wave radiation|
|Response Time||18 s|
|Sensitivity||10 to 40 μV W-1 m2|
|Expected Output Range||-0.1 to +50 mV|
|Expected Accuracy for Daily Totals||±10%|
|Heater||90 ohm, 1.6 W (at 12 Vdc)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40° to +80°C|
|Heater Current Drain||~140 mA|
|Dimensions||26.3 x 11.3 x 12.1 cm (10.4 x 4.4 x 4.8 in.)|
|Spectral Range||305 to 2800 nm|
|Spectral Range||4500 to 50,000 nm|